Friday 26 September 2008

Why am I doing this ...? cont

Understanding comes in various forms .. understanding the condition, especially at the beginning – when you don’t know the journey to get to the final outcome ... if I’d known how we’d be today, I’d probably have been happier last year! It’d have been easier to comprehend.

Understanding the possibilities – rather understanding that you’re not going to find those out ... it’s like guess work .. it drives me nutty!! I ask and ask .. & really don’t get much help or suggestions .. all I wanted to know .. was how was it going to develop – because then I can be prepared & be one step ahead – it’s hard work & emotionally draining working all this out.

This withholding of information, in case of incrimination .. really does not help those that genuinely want to know .. for an extremely valid reason: to facilitate my mother’s life (and perhaps more importantly my own) during her last months.

6 comments:

Paulette said...

So many truisms in your blog.
Peace. Even in the face of illness.
Quite a testimony to your mom's character and as they say, the 'fruit doesn't fall far from the tree'. She did a great job raising you.
Thank you for the inspiring blog.
Paulette

Mike Davis said...

Being a caregiver is a very difficuly job. It commend you for what you do. You only have one mother, my mother died eight years ago and I still miss her. If you can get some good out of your relationship with your mother do so because life is very short. I always had a good relationship with my mother and it may have been different with my mother and my sisters but I think they had a good relationship also. I don't know what it is like to not have a good relationship with your parents, so I would be in the dark on this issue.
leftside

Anonymous said...

I can't think, makes me want to cry, God bless you and God did bless your Mother with such a wonderful loving Daughter. You are so fortunate as to be able to be there. As I am sure you know. This is making you into a better and stronger person. The only thing I can do is call my mother every day two, three even four times a day. She is in the hospital right now, And just today as I was leaving my church. I was thinking, that I wish I could be there with her. "Now I am Crying" Peace be still..
Peace, Love, Health, Happiness and Massive Success.

Successfully JosephDiego Diamante

BeHappy said...

Thanks Paulette for your comments.. she is peaceful & seems content thankfully - Hilary

BeHappy said...

Hi leftside ..thanks for your thoughts .. care and good relationships are so important for those of us who are unable to look after ourselves any more .. it's going the extra mile that some of us will need to take .. some can, some can't .. I'm grateful - Hilary

BeHappy said...

Hi JosephDiego .. yes I have been lucky .. that she is close .. if it had happened in Cornwall I don't think she'd have been alive .. so I do count my blessings .. I'm learning so much from the process (it sounds a funny word .. but it is a journey, and there are processes within it) .. God Bless your mother .. at this truly difficult time for you - caring thoughts from Eastbourne - Hilary