Thursday 16 October 2008

Mission Impossible - the journey cont ...

The past 5 days has been a roller coaster of meetings, letters, phone calls etc with various clergy, the Nursing Centre and the Hospice on the gritty subject of my mother thinking about converting to Catholicism .. in her mind it has all faded .. and she’s happy with her Church of England faith, which has been a cornerstone of her life.

At least I opened the door for her and we’ve explored it and will continue to mull through religious matters as and when she wishes. Our Healing Touch Therapist, I know, will continue to provide my mother with an inordinate amount of relief – spiritually, mentally and physically and we now we have the support of the St Wilfrid’s Hospice http://www.st-wilfrids.co.uk/ for our predicament, their Chaplain has been up to see my mother.

My understanding is that the Hospice will ‘research’ our case and my mother and I will be under their auspices and ‘on their books’ for the remainder of my mother’s time on earth - & they offer a support service for me, should I need it in due course.

No comments: