Thursday 9 October 2008

Spiritual Needs - Reason to change? Her thought Processes

Well once again .. my mother has thrown me a wobbly .. you’d think with three major strokes, she couldn’t string it all together (& obviously she can’t properly) .. but all the right connections come out as far as she is concerned regarding this desire to convert to Catholicism.

Yesterday she said that the reason she wants to convert .. is that it will give her a change of direction*!! Get her out of Kestrel House and on her way home. We laugh about how she’s going to walk along Penzance high street with the various tubes etc .. I have to laugh & brings a laugh to Mum too! She is convinced she’s ‘fine’ & getting better .. well positiveness is better than wallowing in self-pity = something I’m not sure I could cope with.

So - she has one of her bees in her bonnet & those are extremely difficult to shift ... been there, done that!! She is intractable .. so I have a few challenges ahead I’m so pleased the palliative care doctors reinstated their cancelled meeting with us .. so it’s today: I sincerely hope it helps me!! * I’m not sure that’s a good enough reason to change religions – what do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In a way she is searching for God. Perhsps her journey will be more beneficial than the destination.

God know the intentions of our hearts. If she has a focus and a reason to continue this will provide motivation and keep her mind active.

It will be an interesting journey. Enjoy the ride.

BeHappy said...

Hi Jacques .. she knows God is there - I'm pleased to say; Perhaps you're right that the journey will be beneficial .. to her as well as to others, as I believe it will turn out to be.

I have had an amazing journey with her over the last 15 months, once she was stabilized after the initial 5 months.

Please continue to let me have your comments - they open up my mind to thought processes & thus action in the future. Thanks Hilary