Friday 10 October 2008

Mission Impossible - the journey of hope (1) (the beginning)

Well – what a difference a day makes?! Our Healing Touch Therapist (daughter/sister!), Janice, has obviously been doing a fantastic job with my mother .. calming her tortured soul and helping her realise that God is where ever she wants him to be. So my mother has (finally I hope) decided she does not want to convert to Catholicism ... I guess it was her way of saying I need a change ....

The Palliative Care doctor came from the Hospice & I understand that the terminology has been amended to be for Limited Life, as my mother is in a Nursing centre for the terminally ill: &is now not just for cancer patients, as it was earlier in the year.

We discussed the situation & Jill, the doctor, took the holistic approach looking at all angles and made instant decisions ... why on earth the Health Authority can’t do this & save a lot of energy time, stress, anxiety etc for the family, the carers & the Hospice, let alone their charge - the terminally ill patient suffering more than is absolutely necessary ... I do not know – do you?

The Hospice doctor was absolutely brilliant with me, and also with my mother & I hope when I go and see my mother today – we’ll both being seeing things in a different light.

2 comments:

Peter Baca said...

Your site is a great example of the trials and tribulations of a responsible adult taking care of a terminally ill parent! It shows the up and downs along with the difficult decisions that have to be made!

Keep a stiff upper lip!

Best Regards


Pete Baca

BeHappy said...

Hi Pete .. thanks very much. We've had a brilliant couple of days, including her 88th, & she's been so chuffed with the love that she's received. We've been sharing lots of thoughts - though she cannot manage for too long - she is full of wit & wisdom, care of & care for others .. it is quite staggering & is a privelege to be here. An emotional time - but well worth it .. thanks Hilary