Wednesday 22 October 2008

Mission Possible - Blog Readers do you notice the Change?!

As I expect you will have gathered we’ve had a roller coaster ride these last few weeks & I can’t believe what’s happened really .. & if it inspires anyone and opens minds to ideas = well & good.
We were back to mundanity this morning .. the dietician came .. to sort out the nausea, sickness, etc etc .. all challenges with a PEG feed – an intrusive mechanism .. but oh so valuable to my mother and I as she's still here. We’ve agreed that we’ll split the feed into two parts .. so Mum gets some overnight and some during the day .. lets hope it takes some of the nasty symptoms away.

My second visit .. she asked that I re read some of the letters .. and was amazed at the numbers – about 35 .. so I’m so chuffed that she’s so pleased: she said it was the best birthday she could have had – possibly the best ever! Then she just said that I was an amazing daughter and had done way more than she thought possible for her .. and ...

.. she just said she shouldn’t be here .. but we discussed the whys & wherefores .. I said I’d found it a really interesting journey, eye opening in so many ways, the people we’ve met along the way ...extremely emotional too. She said she was so pleased and had thoroughly enjoyed our conversations and how I’d made life fun for her and brought some interest into her situation.

We discussed masses of things .. her death, why she was still here, what to do with Hardwick her ‘TinTin’ terrier type dog, who is an amazing companion for her .. she can talk to him, keep him with her – we laughed at so many things .. and she seemed really happy.

Janice, our Healer, has really helped and a lot of the things stay in Mum’s mind .. and the fact that God will take her at the right time .. this seems to have settled her .. & the fact that the family got together to see her – solves one last puzzle for her. I reiterated again that Janice has said that she’ll be with us during my Mum’s last moments and I have to say that’s a mega relief to both of us: it will now be a lot easier. We can laugh together .. and see how long it is before God calls her: & I will now continue with my Mission Possible!

No comments: