Wednesday 1 October 2008

Today is Older Persons Day ...?!

One of our recurring themes .. is that whenever I sit down with Mum .. inevitably my body ‘collapses’ .. & I start yawning .. & she’ll count!! Then we both laugh .. I can’t explain to Mum, as she can’t take it in .... she just says at your age she wasn’t that tired .. then one day .. out came the words you’re a “pathetic pensioner!”

So now .. this pathetic pensioner has to combat her comparisons to what she was doing at my tender Older Persons age of 60! When she was converting a hotel to a Care Home and preparing to double the size by extending it ... oh well such is an interesting life! I think I’ll have another yawn!! – no .. there’s so much to do – it’s an exciting life ahead .. but for now my mother is number one, until she decides it is time.

No comments: